Since it appears that Billboard, John Mayer, & MacPresents aren’t going to publicize the winner of the #BKLovesMayer contest I guess I will. It occurred to me that since none of these entities fully disclose the winner (you know post them up there all proud & shit) that it wasn’t legit. What I don’t understand is why not make it a random drawing then? Nonetheless, I do, however, wish to make a few things perfectly clear before proceeding : 1) I am in no way attacking the woman who won this contest. She submitted her photo & was chosen the winner of the contest by whoever did the judging. She is super excited to be going (as well she should be) & I do hope she has the time of her life! 2) I do not believe she should have won, but as I said, “that is not her doing.” She provided a lovely family picture & should get credit for that. 3) I am very upset to say the least that John Mayer is too busy over-promoting (& let’s face it, it truly is a bit too much or like a fucking boat load too much) his single with Katy Perry & not really caring about this contest. 4) I have contacted MacPresents inquiring about the winner of this contest & they have refused to return my emails. Morgan says we should email every person on the list on the website until someone acknowledges us. lol As funny as that maybe, it’s not going to get me anywhere, but I have encouraged people to email & ask questions. (you should feel free if you so choose) 5) I am still very angry with Mr. John Mayer over this whole fiasco & yet still wanting to go see him tomorrow night in Baltimore (damn the bad weather) lol. 6) Today was really the first time I’ve listened to him since my last blog post. Now that’s a long time for me to be without my John Mayer! & 7) I did realize today that no matter how angry I may be, I still love him & pray he’ll stop listening to whoever is directing him to be this new & serious John Mayer & get back to the guy who was sweet enough & cared enough to give some teenager her first kiss on the cheek & all the other great interaction he had with his fans! Doesn’t he understand that was part of his charm? You need more than talent to make it. You need charisma & the old John Mayer had a great deal of charisma! That being said, I still think I’m going to take a break from JM for awhile!
OK enough of that, you’ve seen our entries (is you haven’t look at previous posts) here’s your winning photograph below. Let me know what you think!
Ok, I don’t normally do this. I write this blog about John Mayer & very rarely do I bring Katy Perry into it, but these photos are just so absolutely stunning I have to share them with you! Below are the photos by Mario Sorrentil for Vanity Fair & the release of the single “Who You Love.” They both look just spectacular! No matter how you feel about John Mayer or Katy Perry you must admit they are “beautiful” separately & together they are mesmerizing! But whatever you do or however you feel, please stop calling them JATY!!!!!!! That just sucks!
John Mayer met up with Ari Shapiro from NPR on Thanksgiving day for a live interview. The link is below for those of you who were too busy with family or unable to tune in to NPR. It’s a nice little 22 minute interview with some live songs from Paradise Valley & one flashback! We learn that John Mayer & I have the same favorite food at Thanksgiving dinner & the one word you never want John Mayer to say to you if you ever meet him! LOL Enjoy & I hope you all had a nice holiday! I hope this link works!
By now you’ve all realized that I am just mad about John Mayer. I’ve even listed you 50 reasons why I love John Mayer in a previous post, but I’m about to make it all as simple as I possibly can for you. There are 3 main reasons why I simply adore John Mayer: his music & talent, his undeniably ravishing good looks & charm, & most importantly his wit & unmatched sense of humor! Does anyone stand to question any of these reasons? I thought not. You are after all, here of your own free will leading me believe you don’t truly think he’s a douche (at least most of the time).
I spend a great deal of time searching around for these old videos. They never fail to amuse me & I hope you enjoy them as well. I’m always hoping & praying that this “younger, mischievous, & more carefree” John Mayer isn’t lost forever! We all have to grow up, but where is the fun in being serious all the time? I’ve heard people toss around several reasons for what seems to be a change in John Mayer’s personality: influence from his latest love Katy, his PR people telling him to zip it, simple maturity. Now these or any number of other reasons could be behind the change we’ve seen in JM‘s demeanor as of late. I can tell you this, however, we have seen a glimpse or two of the old John Mayer here & there throughout this tour. It’s refreshing & uplifting to know the old John Mayer is still in there somewhere.
Whenever someone shoots out one of those “If you could hang with anyone” questions in an attempt to analyze a personality my answer is always John Mayer! No hesitation, no pondering, John Mayer is the #1 person I would love to sit down & get drunk with or just chill, but I think he’d be real fun while having a few cocktails! Don’t you? I can tell just by going back & watching the videos of his interviews & concert footage, not to mention the ones like the hologram video & this one below! I’m not sure there is anything about John Mayer that I dislike. I can say this because I don’t really know him in a day to day relationship, but also because I think he can be forgiven for almost anything he says or does. He makes it all so damn funny that it doesn’t matter how offensive or politically incorrect it may be! I love it!!! (funny moment: I wrote this post about a week ago & have kept it in my drafts & didn’t someone ask JM who he’d want to hang out with! lol of course he didn’t give a serious answer)
So, I told you about John Mayer starting this “Dashboard Confessions” Q & A session on Tumbr last night. Gave you all the info. well in advance. You had a considerable amount of time to ponder the “perfect” question. Did it keep you awake at night contemplating whether or not you should ask John Mayer a serious question or appeal to his more cheeky side & go with something witty or fun? Were hours spent mulling over the perfect thing to say? Did you nervously wait counting down the minutes until JohnMayer himself might possibly answer your question? Only to see John reply to questions like: “Were you a good singer since you were a child?” , “Do you prefer your hair long or short?” & “Did guitar playing come naturally or did you struggle?” Then to add insult to injury he answers 2 questions by the same person more than once!
Ok, so maybe your anticipation (or mine) is a little bit exaggerated above, but you get the point. Morgan & I were so curious as to how this was going to play out. I figured JM would take some serious questions & some more lighthearted ones which he did & even used his glib talents to make a few funnies here & there. This is great! We love this John Mayer! We accept & treasure him any way we can get him whether it be formal or fresh, but we only had one hour & I felt it may have been a bit wasted at times. With that I don’t mean he wasted my time so much as wasted what could be valuable Q&A time. As his devoted fans we know he developed his singing much later than his guitar playing & we also know that he spent insurmountable hours learning & practicing to play guitar. Not that he doesn’t have a gift, because he obviously does, but we know he wasn’t composing at the age of 5.
So all in all, there were some pretty good questions & then some not as good questions answered. I guess that’s the way it goes. lol He took a pic for someone & made me chuckle a few times. Starting promptly at 7pm EST he filled the full hour plus a few minutes. There is something to be said for a man who is prompt & doesn’t leave people lying around waiting for him. And surely people would wait for our beloved John Mayer! Well you might, but I have serious issues with tardiness. It is my biggest pet peeve! I must add here that we never waited for his shows to start either, very impressive! I love that!!!! (but I still might wait just a few minutes for John Mayer, I Mean come on, he’s John Mayer)
If I adore him so much why then, do I always seem to be criticizing our poor John Mayer? I feel like I’m always bitching about him & I’m not sure why. Well of course in my world I would be getting my questions answered & my pictures noticed. Perhaps that’s all it is, a bit of jealousy & sometimes I’m not sure it’s even his fault (Patrick!)!?! Without a doubt that’s definitely part of it, but at least I can admit it! lol
So what was my question for John Mayer, you ask? Well knowing me, I’m sure you can figure out it was nothing too serious & probably a bit brash! However, I’m not going to tell you. I’m going to continue asking the same question each time he does one of these little Dashboard Confessions & see if I ever get answered! They did make it sound like it would be something that happens again, but didn’t give any clue as to how regularly.
This is the end of the session. Sweet & friendly he appears genuine. Let’s hope he’s back soon!!!!!!
Thanks everyone for participating and reading along. I hope we get to do this again sometime. Hey, you guys remember AOL in 1996, when there were chats, and there was a moderator named Bev and she would play host to the person people were chatting with, and then Bev would say something like “well that’s all the time we have, many thanks to John Mayer for being here and you all for participating”? I remember that. I’ll be Bev in this scenario and thank Tumblr for having me, and you guys for being a part of this. Hope to see you out on the road or inside your computer soon. Lots of love, and happy holidays.
One last thing: John Mayer announced today that he’d be switching his Instagram account from mrjcmayer to the previously PR overseen account of johnmayer. He also promises to post more often! I think that little Tumblr session retweaked his internet addiction. That’s just fine with us!!!!!!!
Let us know what you thought of the first installment of Dashboard Confessions from John Mayer on Tumblr!
Here is John Mayer’s road session #14. It also takes place in Europe. I was so excited to be able to say, “hey, I saw that!” Traveling after all is my #1 hobby!
Well I suppose traveling would be my #2, because I have always loved music so very much! Not just John Mayer, I have been obsessed with music since as long as I can remember. My very first memories as a child always revolve around music. My father used to sing me Patches by Dickie Lee. To this day it still brings tears to my eyes! Don’t it make my Brown Eyes Blue from 1977 & Copacabana from 1978 along with the Bobby Vinton my mother used to listen to all the time (hey I come from a polish family!) are the first bits of music I can remember from when I was young. From about 3 years old I have organized my memories by songs that I loved during the particular time period. I know that I should have gotten a job that somehow worked with music, but sadly, that never happened… I have no idea why I’m going on this little ramble. My deepest apologies.
I can’t sleep & I’m in a strange kind of mood tonight. So I thought I’d do a bit of personal stuff & give you the top 50 reasons why I love John Mayer…
1. How serious & into his music he gets when performing.
2. He plays multiple instruments including piano which happens to be my favorite next to the cello!
3. Yes, he is incredibly sexy & doesn’t even have to put effort into it.
4. His tattoos are pretty bad ass.
5. He lives in NYC, one of my favorite places on earth.
6. A great sense of humor.
7. His douchebaggery which is just part of that aforementioned sense of humor.
8. He dated Jennifer Aniston (how can you not love her?)
9. Comfortable & the rest of the Inside Wants Out EP
10. His previously unrefined voice that just oozed talent waiting to be unleashed.
11. The cultivated gift that eventually was unleashed in his vocal abilities.
12. He hasn’t married Katy Perry, yet. (but I’m guessing a proposal is on the way around the holidays even though if my momma taught me anything it was: once you make your mind to leave someone no matter how many times you go back you’re still going to split b/c there was a reason you wanted out in the first place! (for the majority anyway) & I don’t like her, but I guess I don’t have to like her.
13. He has actually said, “this is a song about girly parts” LOL
14. Who could forget those lips?!
15. He’s involved in charities like VHIP & GlocalCitizen.org
16. He brought his dad on stage in Denver.
17. Something’s Missing…
18. He changes his look almost as often as Madonna & he always looks great!
19. He spontaneously bought a girl a guitar in NYC.
20. Zane Carney!
21. He writes about realistic shit & apparently real people, but it’s cool to have your own song! I’ve got my own song from a friend & while I’m not quite the cat’s pajamas, I’m still pretty fucking cool! LOL I’ll post for you sometime!
22. John Mayer shares his birthday with the likes of: Noah Webster, Bert Kaemfart, Oscar Wilde, & Angela Lansbury (who doesn’t love the tea pot from Beauty & the Beast?)
23. Fruit Vultures!
24. All of his Rolling Stone covers!
25. The John Mayer Trio
26. All the funny faces
27. His shows start on time
28. He used to make time for his fans hopefully will again someday.
29. He does silly things like taking pics of fans taking pics of him
30. There is no John Mayer cologne or perfume
31. He recently leaked his latest CD, Paradise Valley, so we could enjoy before it was available!
32. Some of his songs are a bit cheesy & everyone needs a little cheese from time to time.
33. He’s a pretty good photographer.
34. Versatile! Dressed up or down he always looks like great!
35. He’s friends with Justin Timberlake. I don’t know how good, but I love JT too!
36. He is a connoisseur of time pieces! A good watch is the one accessory I cannot live without! Obviously I’m not up to “John Mayer good” standards, but I love them nonetheless even mine that are about 1/1000 of the cost of JM’s! lol
37. The following is an actual quote, “you know there’s an encore too. The encore is sort of like the condom in the pocket: everybody knows it’s there but nobody talks about it.” Love it!
38. Assassin (strikes me as such a different song from his other stuff)
39. He’s a pervert & never tried to hide it.
40. Dental hygiene is a priority
41. Of all his songs I can name only a few that I can say I don’t really like.
42. He is very grammar conscious.
43. The funny or die video about making a song.
44. That baby face!
45. The mankini!!! hahahaha
46. He does read the signs @ his shows
47. He used to use twitter & instagram quite often (that was fun. wish he’d start again)
48. Randall the camera fellow! nice guy!
49. The Christmas sweater he had on for Ellen
50. The diversity of his albums!
Feel free to leave me your reasons if I missed them in my own list!