Here is John Mayer’s road session #14. It also takes place in Europe. I was so excited to be able to say, “hey, I saw that!” Traveling after all is my #1 hobby!
Well I suppose traveling would be my #2, because I have always loved music so very much! Not just John Mayer, I have been obsessed with music since as long as I can remember. My very first memories as a child always revolve around music. My father used to sing me Patches by Dickie Lee. To this day it still brings tears to my eyes! Don’t it make my Brown Eyes Blue from 1977 & Copacabana from 1978 along with the Bobby Vinton my mother used to listen to all the time (hey I come from a polish family!) are the first bits of music I can remember from when I was young. From about 3 years old I have organized my memories by songs that I loved during the particular time period. I know that I should have gotten a job that somehow worked with music, but sadly, that never happened… I have no idea why I’m going on this little ramble. My deepest apologies.
Those of you who have been following right along for a while now know that every now & again I make a post about myself or something not John Mayer related. I apologize if this bothers anyone, but this is one of those not really anything about John Mayerposts.
As I’ve said before, I’m an RN. I work at a psychiatric hospital on the 11-7 shift which I do find rewarding most of the time. I have an almost 19 year old daughter who is my BFF & is simply an amazing young lady! She makes my life worth living! I adore her more than anything in the world!!! This past summer we decided to forgo our yearly trip to Europe & follow John Mayer around the north east area of the U.S. It was amazing, exhausting, great fun, & somewhat stressful at times, but I wouldn’t change a thing! So that is the idea from which this blog was born. I don’t know much about blogging. I don’t make any money from it. It’s purely for amusement purposes.
Fast forward to right now in time. My family is falling apart. For the past 4 years since my beloved grandfather passed away the family dynamic has been shifting. Then a year & a half ago we lost my grams. Nothing is the same as it was & I realize now as an almost 40 year old that’s how death works. The circle of life, so to speak, changes us all. Our priorities change, our relationships change, we can never get back to who we were when those people were alive nor can we make our family the same without them. Up until recently, I have been moderately content in my “nice” home, with my decent paying job in our quiet little rural area, but I’ve always dreamed of leaving here someday. I’ve had the desire to be in the big city for as long as I can remember. I always said, “I’ll go when I’m older & have more money.” I’m not sure I can wait until I’m much older. So much has change & gone awry here in this little area of Pennsylvania that I can feel it sucking the life from me day by day. My desire to escape has never been greater. On top of all that, Morgan needs to go to school. I do not want her sitting around here waiting because of me & worrying about me.
I’m ready to get the hell out of here! I’m just so scared. My mum says, ” what have you to be frightened of? You’ve traveled the world & have been able to fit in everywhere you went. Some people are so afraid they won’t even go to New Jersey!” And you know, she’s right, but going on a 10 day vacation & picking up & rearranging your entire life are two very different things!
I’ve made my mind up that I want to live in NYC. It’s one of my favorite places on earth & where Morgan wants to go to school. I’m just so damn scared of starting a new job (god part if me doesn’t even want to be a nurse anymore), my health issues need to be considered, & moving to a new place away from everyone is pretty rattling. I don’t know what to do, but I feel like if I don’t get the hell out of here I’m going to self destruct. There are only 2 people that I need to worry about in this life Morgan & myself. No one else worries about me & I shouldn’t worry about them either.
I don’t even know where to start in considering a move like this. When I think about it I’m filled with so many different feelings. I know & love NYC perhaps more than a tourist, but not as someone who lives there. There are so many things I’m sure I have no clue about & yet people learn & adapt. Life is trial & error. We shouldn’t not do something because it’s unfamiliar. If that were the case we’d be stagnate & never evolve to who we are meant to be. Morgan is young & in her eyes we should just leave. There is nothing to question. There is nothing to doubt. Ah, to be able to view life through the rose colored glasses of youth….
Feel free to leave me any ideas or helpful advice. I’m certainly in need if some. Or let me know what you think John Mayer would recommend? That might be interesting. lol
I can’t sleep & I’m in a strange kind of mood tonight. So I thought I’d do a bit of personal stuff & give you the top 50 reasons why I love John Mayer…
1. How serious & into his music he gets when performing.
2. He plays multiple instruments including piano which happens to be my favorite next to the cello!
3. Yes, he is incredibly sexy & doesn’t even have to put effort into it.
4. His tattoos are pretty bad ass.
5. He lives in NYC, one of my favorite places on earth.
6. A great sense of humor.
7. His douchebaggery which is just part of that aforementioned sense of humor.
8. He dated Jennifer Aniston (how can you not love her?)
9. Comfortable & the rest of the Inside Wants Out EP
10. His previously unrefined voice that just oozed talent waiting to be unleashed.
11. The cultivated gift that eventually was unleashed in his vocal abilities.
12. He hasn’t married Katy Perry, yet. (but I’m guessing a proposal is on the way around the holidays even though if my momma taught me anything it was: once you make your mind to leave someone no matter how many times you go back you’re still going to split b/c there was a reason you wanted out in the first place! (for the majority anyway) & I don’t like her, but I guess I don’t have to like her.
13. He has actually said, “this is a song about girly parts” LOL
14. Who could forget those lips?!
15. He’s involved in charities like VHIP & GlocalCitizen.org
16. He brought his dad on stage in Denver.
17. Something’s Missing…
18. He changes his look almost as often as Madonna & he always looks great!
19. He spontaneously bought a girl a guitar in NYC.
20. Zane Carney!
21. He writes about realistic shit & apparently real people, but it’s cool to have your own song! I’ve got my own song from a friend & while I’m not quite the cat’s pajamas, I’m still pretty fucking cool! LOL I’ll post for you sometime!
22. John Mayer shares his birthday with the likes of: Noah Webster, Bert Kaemfart, Oscar Wilde, & Angela Lansbury (who doesn’t love the tea pot from Beauty & the Beast?)
23. Fruit Vultures!
24. All of his Rolling Stone covers!
25. The John Mayer Trio
26. All the funny faces
27. His shows start on time
28. He used to make time for his fans hopefully will again someday.
29. He does silly things like taking pics of fans taking pics of him
30. There is no John Mayer cologne or perfume
31. He recently leaked his latest CD, Paradise Valley, so we could enjoy before it was available!
32. Some of his songs are a bit cheesy & everyone needs a little cheese from time to time.
33. He’s a pretty good photographer.
34. Versatile! Dressed up or down he always looks like great!
35. He’s friends with Justin Timberlake. I don’t know how good, but I love JT too!
36. He is a connoisseur of time pieces! A good watch is the one accessory I cannot live without! Obviously I’m not up to “John Mayer good” standards, but I love them nonetheless even mine that are about 1/1000 of the cost of JM’s! lol
37. The following is an actual quote, “you know there’s an encore too. The encore is sort of like the condom in the pocket: everybody knows it’s there but nobody talks about it.” Love it!
38. Assassin (strikes me as such a different song from his other stuff)
39. He’s a pervert & never tried to hide it.
40. Dental hygiene is a priority
41. Of all his songs I can name only a few that I can say I don’t really like.
42. He is very grammar conscious.
43. The funny or die video about making a song.
44. That baby face!
45. The mankini!!! hahahaha
46. He does read the signs @ his shows
47. He used to use twitter & instagram quite often (that was fun. wish he’d start again)
48. Randall the camera fellow! nice guy!
49. The Christmas sweater he had on for Ellen
50. The diversity of his albums!
Feel free to leave me your reasons if I missed them in my own list!
John Mayer & crew are about to begin the European leg of the Born and Raised tour. How exciting is that? I am so jealous! I love Europe and John Mayer and passed up my vacation this past year to spend the summer literally chasing him around the NE part of the US! And boy, was it a great time! As great as say, bumming around Ireland or Tuscany? Well it’s a close second!!!!!
Starting tomorrow 10/15 John and the boys will be playing 8 shows in Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, and the UK. Looks as though they’ll be taking a few weeks off upon finishing the last show in London on 10/26. There are no dates listed then until 11/19 in Illinois through 12/17 in Brooklyn then looks like a long break til spring!
Well, we hope John takes care of himself and rests that magnificent voice and magical hands of his! I personally think he’s looking rather thin and very tired in his recent media photos. I hope he’s not over extending himself and putting his health at risk by trying to give too much on this tour! That, however, doesn’t change the fact that I want to see him about 546,194,348 more times!!!! Sadly, there is never enough John Mayer! Even when I think he’s acting quite douchey which really is not really all that often (but often enough), all I have to do is listen to 10 seconds of any of my favorites (Something’s Missing, Comfortable, Walt Grace, Edge of Desire, Waiting on the Day, Not Myself, Perfectly Lonely, Born and Raised….OMG the list goes on forever!!!!!) and I love him and all his doucheiness all over again! It is, afterall, what makes John Mayer, well, John Mayer! Let me restate the above. I don’t generally think JM is a douche like a lot of people do. I do think sometimes he gets a bit cranky especially when things aren’t perfect. I have a close musician friend to whom I am always comparing John Mayer, because I think they are so very similar in their personalities, skill and intensity and sometimes both are super cranky! lol Anyway, that’s a topic for another time. Just wanted to keep you all updated on the upcoming tour dates.
Gosh what I wouldn’t give to see John Mayer in London or Netherlands!!!!! ugh
Wishing you all a smashingly good day!
I know I have been MIA for quite some time. I do apologize to my loyal followers & anyone new as well. I have been having a lot of family issues on top of previous computer issues and really lost my drive to blog! I think, however, I may have found it again. Although we are not currently “chasing” John Mayer there are still tons of videos, pics, info, etc. to share with you all.
Since I have been on hiatus I have heard from A LOT of you with almost all positive comments! I thank you all so very much for your feedback & compliments! I’m going to try, but cannot guarantee to get back to each & every one. Please know that I was truly overwhelmed with your support & am glad to be back!
And to the person who got a free dinner from passing on my info…that’s awesome (hope you had the French Onion Soup!)! Glad to help you both!!!!!