Ok, I don’t normally do this. I write this blog about John Mayer & very rarely do I bring Katy Perry into it, but these photos are just so absolutely stunning I have to share them with you! Below are the photos by Mario Sorrentil for Vanity Fair & the release of the single “Who You Love.” They both look just spectacular! No matter how you feel about John Mayer or Katy Perry you must admit they are “beautiful” separately & together they are mesmerizing! But whatever you do or however you feel, please stop calling them JATY!!!!!!! That just sucks!
I can’t sleep & I’m in a strange kind of mood tonight. So I thought I’d do a bit of personal stuff & give you the top 50 reasons why I love John Mayer…
1. How serious & into his music he gets when performing.
2. He plays multiple instruments including piano which happens to be my favorite next to the cello!
3. Yes, he is incredibly sexy & doesn’t even have to put effort into it.
4. His tattoos are pretty bad ass.
5. He lives in NYC, one of my favorite places on earth.
6. A great sense of humor.
7. His douchebaggery which is just part of that aforementioned sense of humor.
8. He dated Jennifer Aniston (how can you not love her?)
9. Comfortable & the rest of the Inside Wants Out EP
10. His previously unrefined voice that just oozed talent waiting to be unleashed.
11. The cultivated gift that eventually was unleashed in his vocal abilities.
12. He hasn’t married Katy Perry, yet. (but I’m guessing a proposal is on the way around the holidays even though if my momma taught me anything it was: once you make your mind to leave someone no matter how many times you go back you’re still going to split b/c there was a reason you wanted out in the first place! (for the majority anyway) & I don’t like her, but I guess I don’t have to like her.
13. He has actually said, “this is a song about girly parts” LOL
14. Who could forget those lips?!
15. He’s involved in charities like VHIP & GlocalCitizen.org
16. He brought his dad on stage in Denver.
17. Something’s Missing…
18. He changes his look almost as often as Madonna & he always looks great!
19. He spontaneously bought a girl a guitar in NYC.
20. Zane Carney!
21. He writes about realistic shit & apparently real people, but it’s cool to have your own song! I’ve got my own song from a friend & while I’m not quite the cat’s pajamas, I’m still pretty fucking cool! LOL I’ll post for you sometime!
22. John Mayer shares his birthday with the likes of: Noah Webster, Bert Kaemfart, Oscar Wilde, & Angela Lansbury (who doesn’t love the tea pot from Beauty & the Beast?)
23. Fruit Vultures!
24. All of his Rolling Stone covers!
25. The John Mayer Trio
26. All the funny faces
27. His shows start on time
28. He used to make time for his fans hopefully will again someday.
29. He does silly things like taking pics of fans taking pics of him
30. There is no John Mayer cologne or perfume
31. He recently leaked his latest CD, Paradise Valley, so we could enjoy before it was available!
32. Some of his songs are a bit cheesy & everyone needs a little cheese from time to time.
33. He’s a pretty good photographer.
34. Versatile! Dressed up or down he always looks like great!
35. He’s friends with Justin Timberlake. I don’t know how good, but I love JT too!
36. He is a connoisseur of time pieces! A good watch is the one accessory I cannot live without! Obviously I’m not up to “John Mayer good” standards, but I love them nonetheless even mine that are about 1/1000 of the cost of JM’s! lol
37. The following is an actual quote, “you know there’s an encore too. The encore is sort of like the condom in the pocket: everybody knows it’s there but nobody talks about it.” Love it!
38. Assassin (strikes me as such a different song from his other stuff)
39. He’s a pervert & never tried to hide it.
40. Dental hygiene is a priority
41. Of all his songs I can name only a few that I can say I don’t really like.
42. He is very grammar conscious.
43. The funny or die video about making a song.
44. That baby face!
45. The mankini!!! hahahaha
46. He does read the signs @ his shows
47. He used to use twitter & instagram quite often (that was fun. wish he’d start again)
48. Randall the camera fellow! nice guy!
49. The Christmas sweater he had on for Ellen
50. The diversity of his albums!
Feel free to leave me your reasons if I missed them in my own list!
To start let’s just briefly mention how dapper JM is looking for this show. All spiffed out with a fancy suit which does look stunning even though it doesn’t look like our typical John Mayer as of late. I’m dying to know why he got all decked out for Jimmy Kimmel. He wore what seems to have become his normal attire (denim shirt, khakis, more hippie like) for the Today Show & David Letterman. Perhaps he felt the need to be all chic for LA & but not NYC? Don’t know, but I should mention he did return to his “own” style when he played on Jimmy Kimmel that same night. It was a relief to see. Although he looked debonair in his fancy threads, it’s just not him & I don’t think he’d have looked quite right playing in his fancy suit! lol
Anywho, in the first segment of this interview the charismatic, loveable, crooner who cast his spell on all of us is immediately evident with his adorable smile & quick witted humor. It’s so easy to remember why we fell in love with John Mayer in the first place. It seems as if he can do no wrong. He’s not making any type of off color or inappropriate comments that the masses like to hound him for. Gosh, he’s just so damn loveable & that baby face!?! Oh what can I say…
In the second part of the interview JM talks about living in the small town in Montana. Still he continues to dazzle us with his charm & wit. Getting off on a side topic here John Mayer Fords really blow. Go with a Dodge they look nicer, ride more comfortably, & steer better! I personally am a Dodge pickup girl & always will be! If you want fancier probably more close to your Land Rover, Chevy is probably the classiest. Sorry about that all, lol. Back to the conversation at hand, here is where I started to see things taking a bit of a change. JM makes a comment about living in a small town & signing autographs. He cites the reason for signing that “he will see them tomorrow.” While I think there was a bit of humor behind this comment, all I can think of is that poor girl in Starbucks back in July or August that he photo bombed instead of posing for a pic with her. I feel so sorry for that poor girl & if that had never happened I wouldn’t think twice about this “seeing people tomorrow” comment. Unfortunately, I can’t stop thinking that most certainly is not a reason to give your fans an autograph! And it breaks my poor little heart that this is how John Mayer is thinking these days. There once was a time I thought he truly loved his fans & I’m praying that time is not lost! Please come back to us JM!!!!!! When they called you a “douche” in the past they just didn’t understand you! Please do not become some aloof asshole!
This leads us up to part 3 of this interview. Here is where I became personally offended. John began talking about touring & shows. People with phones taking video or pics are mentioned at this point. John Mayer discusses how the fans in South America were all going so crazy & he returned back to the states & didn’t get the same reaction. He gets into detail about how everyone has a phone in his or her hands & he has to check instagram after the fact to really see how people reacted to the shows in the U.S. This hurts me for more than one reason. First of all, as we all know Morgan & I have seen John Mayer 8 times this tour & of those 8 times some crowds were a bit more wild or energetic than others, but ALL were certainly thrilled & excited! Regarding the whole phone thing the United States has at least twice as many smart phones per capita than any of the countries of South America. So this may be one reason you didn’t see as many phones at these shows. But most importantly, I wonder if our dear John Mayer has forgotten what it’s like to be the menial lackey, to be the kid in the audience who’s ready to explode with anticipation & excitement at having great seats to see someone whom they adore or worship. Of course anyone with a smart phone or camera is going to want to video tape or take a million photos to remember this occasion (how often does one end up in the front of a show) & they are certainly going to post it on every available social media they have access to & then some! It’s human nature for Christ’s sakes! Everyone wants to brag & show off when they have something special! We saw him 8 times & were within the first 5 rows at 6 of said shows. I still have a million pics & video snippets! And I was the person who didn’t want to worry about videos & pics. I wanted to live in the moment to enjoy the music at that particular time, but we all want the moment to live forever in anyway we can! To be able to go back to that moment with just a glance at a photo.
There you have my opinion on the Jimmy Kimmel interview. I will dig around to post John Mayer’s performance on Jimmy’s show. It was fantastic as always!