The first part of this video is John Mayer being his amusing comical self in London. The second half is a live version of City Love. I found it funny at least the beginning. Enjoy!
John Mayer met up with Ari Shapiro from NPR on Thanksgiving day for a live interview. The link is below for those of you who were too busy with family or unable to tune in to NPR. It’s a nice little 22 minute interview with some live songs from Paradise Valley & one flashback! We learn that John Mayer & I have the same favorite food at Thanksgiving dinner & the one word you never want John Mayer to say to you if you ever meet him! LOL Enjoy & I hope you all had a nice holiday! I hope this link works!
Oh boy, this lady is a hoot! lol And wtf is she talking about romancercise to Paper Doll??????? Poor John Mayer!
Be safe darlings!
By now you’ve all realized that I am just mad about John Mayer. I’ve even listed you 50 reasons why I love John Mayer in a previous post, but I’m about to make it all as simple as I possibly can for you. There are 3 main reasons why I simply adore John Mayer: his music & talent, his undeniably ravishing good looks & charm, & most importantly his wit & unmatched sense of humor! Does anyone stand to question any of these reasons? I thought not. You are after all, here of your own free will leading me believe you don’t truly think he’s a douche (at least most of the time).
I spend a great deal of time searching around for these old videos. They never fail to amuse me & I hope you enjoy them as well. I’m always hoping & praying that this “younger, mischievous, & more carefree” John Mayer isn’t lost forever! We all have to grow up, but where is the fun in being serious all the time? I’ve heard people toss around several reasons for what seems to be a change in John Mayer’s personality: influence from his latest love Katy, his PR people telling him to zip it, simple maturity. Now these or any number of other reasons could be behind the change we’ve seen in JM‘s demeanor as of late. I can tell you this, however, we have seen a glimpse or two of the old John Mayer here & there throughout this tour. It’s refreshing & uplifting to know the old John Mayer is still in there somewhere.
Whenever someone shoots out one of those “If you could hang with anyone” questions in an attempt to analyze a personality my answer is always John Mayer! No hesitation, no pondering, John Mayer is the #1 person I would love to sit down & get drunk with or just chill, but I think he’d be real fun while having a few cocktails! Don’t you? I can tell just by going back & watching the videos of his interviews & concert footage, not to mention the ones like the hologram video & this one below! I’m not sure there is anything about John Mayer that I dislike. I can say this because I don’t really know him in a day to day relationship, but also because I think he can be forgiven for almost anything he says or does. He makes it all so damn funny that it doesn’t matter how offensive or politically incorrect it may be! I love it!!! (funny moment: I wrote this post about a week ago & have kept it in my drafts & didn’t someone ask JM who he’d want to hang out with! lol of course he didn’t give a serious answer)
This just makes me chuckle! John Mayer’s myspace welcome message. It was probably even more amusing back in the days when we actually used myspace! I do think it’s making some sort of comeback though. I see a lot of musicians talking about myspace lately. The real question is: Where oh where has this John Mayer disappeared to & will we ever get him back?!?!?
I can’t sleep & I’m in a strange kind of mood tonight. So I thought I’d do a bit of personal stuff & give you the top 50 reasons why I love John Mayer…
1. How serious & into his music he gets when performing.
2. He plays multiple instruments including piano which happens to be my favorite next to the cello!
3. Yes, he is incredibly sexy & doesn’t even have to put effort into it.
4. His tattoos are pretty bad ass.
5. He lives in NYC, one of my favorite places on earth.
6. A great sense of humor.
7. His douchebaggery which is just part of that aforementioned sense of humor.
8. He dated Jennifer Aniston (how can you not love her?)
9. Comfortable & the rest of the Inside Wants Out EP
10. His previously unrefined voice that just oozed talent waiting to be unleashed.
11. The cultivated gift that eventually was unleashed in his vocal abilities.
12. He hasn’t married Katy Perry, yet. (but I’m guessing a proposal is on the way around the holidays even though if my momma taught me anything it was: once you make your mind to leave someone no matter how many times you go back you’re still going to split b/c there was a reason you wanted out in the first place! (for the majority anyway) & I don’t like her, but I guess I don’t have to like her.
13. He has actually said, “this is a song about girly parts” LOL
14. Who could forget those lips?!
15. He’s involved in charities like VHIP & GlocalCitizen.org
16. He brought his dad on stage in Denver.
17. Something’s Missing…
18. He changes his look almost as often as Madonna & he always looks great!
19. He spontaneously bought a girl a guitar in NYC.
20. Zane Carney!
21. He writes about realistic shit & apparently real people, but it’s cool to have your own song! I’ve got my own song from a friend & while I’m not quite the cat’s pajamas, I’m still pretty fucking cool! LOL I’ll post for you sometime!
22. John Mayer shares his birthday with the likes of: Noah Webster, Bert Kaemfart, Oscar Wilde, & Angela Lansbury (who doesn’t love the tea pot from Beauty & the Beast?)
23. Fruit Vultures!
24. All of his Rolling Stone covers!
25. The John Mayer Trio
26. All the funny faces
27. His shows start on time
28. He used to make time for his fans hopefully will again someday.
29. He does silly things like taking pics of fans taking pics of him
30. There is no John Mayer cologne or perfume
31. He recently leaked his latest CD, Paradise Valley, so we could enjoy before it was available!
32. Some of his songs are a bit cheesy & everyone needs a little cheese from time to time.
33. He’s a pretty good photographer.
34. Versatile! Dressed up or down he always looks like great!
35. He’s friends with Justin Timberlake. I don’t know how good, but I love JT too!
36. He is a connoisseur of time pieces! A good watch is the one accessory I cannot live without! Obviously I’m not up to “John Mayer good” standards, but I love them nonetheless even mine that are about 1/1000 of the cost of JM’s! lol
37. The following is an actual quote, “you know there’s an encore too. The encore is sort of like the condom in the pocket: everybody knows it’s there but nobody talks about it.” Love it!
38. Assassin (strikes me as such a different song from his other stuff)
39. He’s a pervert & never tried to hide it.
40. Dental hygiene is a priority
41. Of all his songs I can name only a few that I can say I don’t really like.
42. He is very grammar conscious.
43. The funny or die video about making a song.
44. That baby face!
45. The mankini!!! hahahaha
46. He does read the signs @ his shows
47. He used to use twitter & instagram quite often (that was fun. wish he’d start again)
48. Randall the camera fellow! nice guy!
49. The Christmas sweater he had on for Ellen
50. The diversity of his albums!
Feel free to leave me your reasons if I missed them in my own list!
I’m a huge music buff so maybe not everyone finds it as a mazing as I do that these folks don’t have a clue?????? LOL