Here is John Mayer’s road session #14. It also takes place in Europe. I was so excited to be able to say, “hey, I saw that!” Traveling after all is my #1 hobby!
Well I suppose traveling would be my #2, because I have always loved music so very much! Not just John Mayer, I have been obsessed with music since as long as I can remember. My very first memories as a child always revolve around music. My father used to sing me Patches by Dickie Lee. To this day it still brings tears to my eyes! Don’t it make my Brown Eyes Blue from 1977 & Copacabana from 1978 along with the Bobby Vinton my mother used to listen to all the time (hey I come from a polish family!) are the first bits of music I can remember from when I was young. From about 3 years old I have organized my memories by songs that I loved during the particular time period. I know that I should have gotten a job that somehow worked with music, but sadly, that never happened… I have no idea why I’m going on this little ramble. My deepest apologies.
We see that John Mayer writes a great many songs about specific people in his life. Of course people write songs about that which influences their daily lives & we see tons of songs with names in them either the title or the lyrics. Since I have been a wee lass I’ve always been seriously miffed that there was no song for me! No “Stephanie” song! I am a music enthusiast & have spent many long both drunken & sober hours searching for a Stephanie song, but sadly breaking my wee little heart, there was none to be found. Until my dear friend, Paul LaQuintano who is a local singer/song writer here in North East Pennsylvania & front man for the local band affectionately known as SC@P (Slow Children At Play) wrote ME a song!!!!!!! We work together & sometimes it’s a tough place. So it’s a song kind of referring to that. There is no mushy love junk, Paul is a married man! It’s a catchy little ditty & it makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside & extra special to be able to say, “this is my song!” So here it is, I may have posted it a long time ago, but I don’t remember (too much vodka when I was younger.) If It is a repost I apologize, but it’s worth giving a second listen just cuz it’s mine!!!!! And I forgot to mention…Paul is almost as cute as John Mayer & costs me much less money! Plus I’ve got no doubt if I knocked on his door he’d let me in! Perhaps I should make my blog about Paul? NO, he certainly wouldn’t like that, but he does secretly like John Mayer!
Here’s the link to “Song for Stephanie” by Slow Children @ Play
Savor it. Envy it, Admire it. Enjoy it.
Raod session #13 takes place on the European leg of John Mayer’s Born And Raised Tour. Of all of the Road sessions thus far it is definitely my absolute favorite!!!!! It’s just a fun little 2:15 video where everyone is having a blast from the minute it starts til the the very end!!!!! I’m so jealous of everyone who got to see John Mayer in Europe, but then again, I’m jealous of everyone who gets to go to any John Mayer show that Morgan & I miss! Plus I love Vultures & it’s the song in this Road Session! Ugh I wish so much I was able to get tickets to just one more John Mayer show! I’m like a junky every show I go to I always end saying, “Just one more!!!!”
Anyway, here it is! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
I can’t sleep & I’m in a strange kind of mood tonight. So I thought I’d do a bit of personal stuff & give you the top 50 reasons why I love John Mayer…
1. How serious & into his music he gets when performing.
2. He plays multiple instruments including piano which happens to be my favorite next to the cello!
3. Yes, he is incredibly sexy & doesn’t even have to put effort into it.
4. His tattoos are pretty bad ass.
5. He lives in NYC, one of my favorite places on earth.
6. A great sense of humor.
7. His douchebaggery which is just part of that aforementioned sense of humor.
8. He dated Jennifer Aniston (how can you not love her?)
9. Comfortable & the rest of the Inside Wants Out EP
10. His previously unrefined voice that just oozed talent waiting to be unleashed.
11. The cultivated gift that eventually was unleashed in his vocal abilities.
12. He hasn’t married Katy Perry, yet. (but I’m guessing a proposal is on the way around the holidays even though if my momma taught me anything it was: once you make your mind to leave someone no matter how many times you go back you’re still going to split b/c there was a reason you wanted out in the first place! (for the majority anyway) & I don’t like her, but I guess I don’t have to like her.
13. He has actually said, “this is a song about girly parts” LOL
14. Who could forget those lips?!
15. He’s involved in charities like VHIP & GlocalCitizen.org
16. He brought his dad on stage in Denver.
17. Something’s Missing…
18. He changes his look almost as often as Madonna & he always looks great!
19. He spontaneously bought a girl a guitar in NYC.
20. Zane Carney!
21. He writes about realistic shit & apparently real people, but it’s cool to have your own song! I’ve got my own song from a friend & while I’m not quite the cat’s pajamas, I’m still pretty fucking cool! LOL I’ll post for you sometime!
22. John Mayer shares his birthday with the likes of: Noah Webster, Bert Kaemfart, Oscar Wilde, & Angela Lansbury (who doesn’t love the tea pot from Beauty & the Beast?)
23. Fruit Vultures!
24. All of his Rolling Stone covers!
25. The John Mayer Trio
26. All the funny faces
27. His shows start on time
28. He used to make time for his fans hopefully will again someday.
29. He does silly things like taking pics of fans taking pics of him
30. There is no John Mayer cologne or perfume
31. He recently leaked his latest CD, Paradise Valley, so we could enjoy before it was available!
32. Some of his songs are a bit cheesy & everyone needs a little cheese from time to time.
33. He’s a pretty good photographer.
34. Versatile! Dressed up or down he always looks like great!
35. He’s friends with Justin Timberlake. I don’t know how good, but I love JT too!
36. He is a connoisseur of time pieces! A good watch is the one accessory I cannot live without! Obviously I’m not up to “John Mayer good” standards, but I love them nonetheless even mine that are about 1/1000 of the cost of JM’s! lol
37. The following is an actual quote, “you know there’s an encore too. The encore is sort of like the condom in the pocket: everybody knows it’s there but nobody talks about it.” Love it!
38. Assassin (strikes me as such a different song from his other stuff)
39. He’s a pervert & never tried to hide it.
40. Dental hygiene is a priority
41. Of all his songs I can name only a few that I can say I don’t really like.
42. He is very grammar conscious.
43. The funny or die video about making a song.
44. That baby face!
45. The mankini!!! hahahaha
46. He does read the signs @ his shows
47. He used to use twitter & instagram quite often (that was fun. wish he’d start again)
48. Randall the camera fellow! nice guy!
49. The Christmas sweater he had on for Ellen
50. The diversity of his albums!
Feel free to leave me your reasons if I missed them in my own list!